A HOLIDAY in the UK is more popular than ever, with campsite bookings soaring and hotels fully booked all summer.
However, families who want something a bit different this year can stay somewhere a bit weirder than usual.
Package holidays abroad have plummetted in popularity as travel restrictions are enforced for hotspots including France and Spain.
Insteatd, staycations have boomed, which has seen coastal resorts such as Cornwall, Devon and Dorset facing huge demand.
We’ve previously rounded up the best cheap deals if you’re looking for a last minute holiday.
If you’re looking for something a bit different for later in the year, there are some great options from treehouses and safari tents to themed cartoon hotel rooms and castles.
We’ve rounded up the strangest places you can stay[/caption]
Theme parks such as Alton Towers have themed rooms, along with stargazing pods[/caption]
Here are the best options with dates for later this year from £30 per night.
- One night in a camping pod with Park Holidays – from £30
- One night in stargazing pod at Alton Towers – from £33pp
- Azteca and Safari resort hotel stay at Chessington World of Adventures – from £42.25pp
- Seven nights in unique cottages with Holiday Cottages – from £55 per night
- Two nights in a floating pod treehouse in Dorset with Airbnb – £70 per night
- One night in a Shepherd’s hut – from £90
- Three nights in a Scottish airship with Airbnb – from £150 per night
- Two nights in a Kent windmill with Airbnb – from £175 per night
- One night in a luxury camping from with Snaptrip – from £179 per night
- One night in a treehouse with Snaptrip – from £190 per night
- Three nights in a train carriage with Snaptrip – from £199 per night
- One night at Legoland Hotel with two-day park tickets – from £373 per night
Other weird properties include a hobbit hut in Wales and a Disney-inspired Snow White cottage.
Most read in News Travel
There are a huge number of castles around the UK that you can stay in and they might not be as expensive as you think.
In fact, we found several properties where you can live like a king or queen for a bargain – with one starting from just a little over £9 per person per night.
Gallanach Castle in Oban, Scotland, can sleep up to eight people in the Garden Wing.