MOTORWAY service stations in the UK have been ranked by food prices and facilities.
Operators Extra and Westmorland came out on top, achieving a 97% satisfaction rating in a poll of 9,808 people.
Beaconsfield Service Station on M40 Buckinghamshire England[/caption]
Tebay East service station serving the southbound M6, operated by family owned Westmorland Motorway Services[/caption]
Between them they only operate 10 of England’s 112 motorway service areas, including Beaconsfield on the M40 in Buckinghamshire, Gloucester on the M5 and Tebay on the M6 in Cumbria.
Euro Garages was ranked in third place with 96% of users satisfied, followed by Roadchef (95%), Moto (93%) and Welcome Break (92%).
The 15 motorway services ran by the UK’s top-rated operators
- Baldock – A1M, Junction 10
- Beaconsfield – M40, Junction 2
- Blackburn with Darwen – M65, Junction 4
- Cambridge – A14 (M11), Junction 28
- Cobham – M25, Junction 9/10
- Cullompton – M5, Junction 28
- Leeds Skelton Lake – M1, Junction 45
- Peterborough – A1M, Junction 17
- Tibshelf (Chesterfield) – M1, Junction 28/29
- Winchester – M3, Junction 8/9
- Gloucester – M5, Junction 11a/12
- Cairn Lodge Services, Happendon – M74, Junction 11/12
- J38 Truckstop – M6, Junction 38
- Rheged Centre – A66, A592 roundabout
- Tebay – M6, Junction 38/39
There was a year-on-year increase in satisfaction across all service areas of three percentage points to 93%, according to the survey conducted by watchdog Transport Focus.
Cleanliness of toilets was rated as satisfactory by 89% of visitors, while friendliness and helpfulness of staff scored 94%.
Visitors were least satisfied with the value for money of the food and drink they bought, at just 69%.
Transport Focus chief executive Anthony Smith said: “As the country emerges out of lockdown and people take to the roads for staycations this summer, motorway services will provide a vital opportunity for drivers to take a break on their journey.
“Motorway services provide customers with a great experience with friendly and helpful staff, but there is still room for improvement when it comes to the value for money of the food and drink on offer.”
The new Gloucester motorway service station on the southbound M5 motorway in the UK with green roof[/caption]
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.